Monday, May 24, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.13

It's THRIFTIN' TIME again here at COASTAL CHARM...so come on and join in on all the fun showing off all your THRIFTY finds! I will not keep you gals waiting any longer on that pic from last week at NTT...you know...the pic of the green wood! You all had some wonderful ideas of what it was...it was fun reading your ideas and yes some of you were correct...it's a bar stool! I found these babies at a local furniture store at the beach...ask the owner what he wanted for them...$80 for both...great price, but it gets better...I ended up only paying $60 for two VERY HEAVY "COOL" looking bar stools that are just perfect for my new kitchen bar! The owner was having a huge going out of business sale and really had some awesome deals...I felt like I had just left a GARAGE SALE with that deal...I was smiling all day long!



Showing off this $6 shelf that I found while I was out garage salen...works great in this bathroom!
A pic of me with my two girls, taken seven years ago on Hwy 1 in California...I'm going back this summer with Mr.CC...can't wait!
Blue "BALL" jar found several years ago at the Canton Flea Market.



**UPDATE**
I have noticed that in the past few weeks that a lot of you have not been linking back to my blog and that makes me SAD...so last week I had to delete about 20 links...I hated to do this,but I had to...it's only fair to all of you that do link back to Coastal Charm and I want to say thanks to all of you for doing this. I'm hoping that this week will be better and everybody plays by the rules!


****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.
2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Please do not link to an Esty shop or something similar (I will delete the link). If I see that your post is not really on track with the NTT theme and also if you don't link back, I'll delete your link...please don't make me do this. It's common courtesy to link back to the person having the party, so that all of your readers can find it too.
3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN! What a great way to meet new friends.

Show and Tell Green
giveaways

39 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Linda...you really scores on those stools...I love the color. The shelf is pretty too. You have great luck when you go shopping!~ Thanks for hosting the party.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Thanks for hosting again, Linda! Hopefully everyone follows the rules. I am sure it takes a lot of time to check on every post. I try to take time each day to click on more links and see what great ideas everyone has completed with their thrifty finds!!

Michelle said...

Wow! Great deal on those bar stools! I love that blue Ball jar...haven't been able to score one of those yet. The last time I saw one was in Goodwill. Some other lady saw me looking at it from across the aisle and ran over and grabbed it before I could get there, LOL. She even gave me a "look" as she carried it off!

Thanks for hosting! :o)

Mary Ellen said...

Love the bar stools and blue mason jar! Thanks for hosting!

Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness did you score! This is me making a deep gasp over those chairs!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and inviting me to your blog- I am so glad you did. Of course I'm loving your blue jars : ) They are just like the ones in my laundry room.
You scored big with those bar stools. They look brand spankin' new!
I'll add you to my blog list in my sidebar after I finish linking and then looking around!

Shellbelle said...

Love those chairs! And the color? I'm looking for a shabby chic style china cabinet in that color. I actually found one a few weeks ago and darn, it was 6-inches too long. What would you call that color, I'm calling it seafoam green, what do you think? I'm going to hit the paint store and find it.

I love this meme and hoping I can join ya'll soon. My post today with the jars and tealights almost fit the bill, but too much else going on around it. I did find a rattan table since I moved, maybe I can add that next week. I just love a good bargain!

Btw, if I find that china cabinet, I just may need those chairs to go with it, hehe.

Barbara said...

Hi I love those stools,. you sure can find some great things, lots of hugs, Barbara from http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Linda: I was a guilty party, but I did confess to you of my sin!! And it was an accident, and I am so sorry! My computer at work gets so squirelly in Live Writer for some reason and will not let me edit!

LOVE the stools! Great deal!!

Lou Cinda :)

Mary said...

Great treasures, Linda. You made out like a bandit! Mary :O)

Melissa said...

Thanks for hosting again!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I forgot to say how much I like the six dollar shelf!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, love those stools. Great color. That Hwy 1 drive is so pretty isn't it. We were in San Francisco several years ago and rented a car and drove down that highway. What wonderful views.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What great finds! The stools are gorgeous! I am loving all of your blue...so beautiful and beachy!

Love...love...love!!!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Love all the awesome stuff you found!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Wow! Linda, that was a great deal on those bar stools! I would love some new stools myself but they are so expensive and I just don't want to spend $ on those right now. Yours are beautiful and I love the style and color too!

The Charm of Home said...

The bar stools are great! And you can never go wrong with a Ball jar! They are wonderful.

Jill said...

Love the bar stools!! Thanks again for hosting such a great linky party!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow, Linda! Great deal on those bar stools! But my favorite find is that shelf...gorgeous! Thanks for hosting...Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Pamela said...

That is sad to hear that not everybody was playing by the rules!:( I hope to join in soon if I can remember. I am wanting to do some junkin when we head to Perdido. Any fave spots you like to go to?

Anonymous said...

I agree, Linda. If they're going to show their items, they should put a return link -- otherwise, how will people know that they are linked to a party? It doesn't make sense! I do know that on occasion people forget, and if that's the case, they should just come back and try again! Thank you for hosting the party. I included a funny little story with my latest find!

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

The chairs are just awesome! I am really lovin' that white shelf. Great find an a Great prie!

have a wonderful day!

deb said...

Linda! Great score with the bar stools! Love the color.
Cute shelf, really like the frame...and, of course, the picture too!
*hugs*deb

Kim said...

Just found your blog. I'm so excited! I am a yard sale fan also and love the thrill of the hunt. I can't wait to sit down and scroll through your blog in more detail. Oh, and the links to everyone's recent finds is calling my name. I should be going to bed, but I can't resist.

I'll be following along.

All That Glitters said...

I love the stools and shelf!!! Great finds! I also love the destressed frame! I just also wanted to let you know that you are such a sweet person and your comments mean so much to me! You have always been so nice when I join your party! I have been in another party for the past 2 months and the host has never once said a word to me. Oh well! I will move on!

Thanks again for being the best host EVER!
~Jennifer

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love your stools and the color is so pretty! I know you were thrilled with them. And I really like that shelf. So pretty. I went yard saling Saturday, but didn't get anything real exciting this time. Some days are like that. Love & blessings from NC!

Blue Creek Home said...

The bar stools are great - love the color!

We lived in SF for 4 years. I would love to go back for a visit!

Rhonda

Amanda said...

I love your shelf, it's awesome! I found some ball jars (blue ones) at the thrift store last week, they rock :)

KimMalk said...

Those bar stools are great. The vignette with the picture of you and your daughters is so special.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love your bar stools. Them suckers look heavy too! Have a blessed day. Cindy

Jane said...

Good Morning Linda!
I've linked....hope you don't mind that I announced an upcoming giveaway I'm having in the post...but the giveaway will be full of nifty, thrifty items!
I love the color of the bar stools and can't believe the price, what a great deal!
Have a great NTT.
Jane

The Single Nester said...

Love your finds. You can find your button on my sidebar that lists all the parties.

Life in Rehab said...

Hi Linda!

I found you through Tools are for Women Too, and I'm REALLY loving not just your blog, but the other entries in the party! There's a lot of blogs I've never seen before, which is just awesome. Thanks for hosting!

Jeanne said...

I just found your blog through one of the '2nd time around Tuesdays' Bloggers. I love your thrifty finds meme. The ball jar with the soaps is clever and cute for a bathroom. The bar stools look great as well. A good find.

Happy thrifting.
Hugs, Jeanne

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Hi Linda!
That is a great deal for the chairs!
They are beautiful, too!
I am enjoying your party today, thanks for having us!
Blessings to you!

Susan said...

Linda , Thank you for stopping by my blog!!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Love the bar stools! They look as if you can actually SIT in them and not squirm. Fabulous buy. Thanks for hosting NTT.
Best -- Cass

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

That shelf is great and I love your stripes!
Sarah

Donna said...

Hi, Linda,
Those are some great bar stools you found, and what a great deal on them. I will be participating in your "Thrifty" party in the future. :)
D

Related Posts with Thumbnails