Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just A Tad Bit Of Christmas

Today I'm going to share two vignettes here at COASTAL CHARM...nothing special...just thought
 you might want to know how it's looking here on the Alabama gulf coast this holiday season...
so take a look around and let me know whatcha think!


Hope all of y'all have a wonderful holiday weekend and thanks so much for coming by,
Linda

                                                    
                                  
                             This is what my large dough bowl looks like this holiday season!

                            Some silver vintage ornaments...these came from my sweet MIL.
                                                         A tad bit of coastal flair!

                                         My tiny birdie tree...located on the kitchen table.
        Found these cuties in a neat little antique shop in Auburn...cut the ugly gold ribbon off and
                                    replaced  it with some twine...for only $1.00...I thought these were a
                                                             real NIFTY THRIFTY find!
                                    Used more twine around the tree...loved how it looks!
                   Another NIFTY THRIFTY find with this berry garland...found it at a garage sale last
                          summer  for only 50 cents! If you like decorating with thrifty items, then be
                                                         sure to come by and join me at my
                                                          NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS
                                                                          PARTY!

 Join me at all these fun parties!
Saturday Nite Special                         
 Weekend Wrap Up Party                   
 Inspiration Friday Party
Junkin Finds Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sunday Showcase Party
The DIY Project Parade
Just Something I Whipped Up
Motivate Me Monday
Tabletop Tuesday

24 comments:

Bunny said...

Oh love those berries or they looke like crap applbes your vignete is beautiful. Good for you to have such great finds.

Becca Bertotti said...

So pretty ... especially love the bird tree! Becca

Lori said...

I love tads of Christmas! Like the wreath on the green wall hanging.

Beth Adams said...

Love the decorations. Twine on your tree...such a super idea! I would love for you to stop by Wiccan Make Some Too's Wickedly Crafty Saturdays & share this! http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-4.html

Jane said...

Good Morning Linda,
I so love that dough bowl! It really looks wonderful all dressed for Christmas.
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Linda I love your thrifty decorating. The twine looks great on the tree. Very cute. The dough bowl is wonderful. Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday.

Anonymous said...

I love the use of your twine!! I decided to use kraft paper to wrap gifts this year and that was a disaster. The paper is too heavy and thick so I used my weight in tape but I did use a bit of twine instead of ribbon. That's was the only part of the wrapping that I loved.

Deb said...

I love the twine on the tree too. Great idea and looks sweet with the burlap bag on the root ball.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything is looking wonderful. Merry Christmas. Hugs, Marty

deb said...

Your home is so festive!! Wish I didn't have so many bah humbugs here...they've gotten to me this year :(
Love the dough bowl vignette!! Gorgeous!
*hugs*Deb

Chubby Chieque said...

Love those berries and the birdie Christmas tree. I have one on my dinner table. Ready for the the Christmas dinner...

Happy Saturday.
/chie

Blondie's Journal said...

Everything looks pretty and festive! I love the lantern and of course, the twine! :-)

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry for above... had a blooper. Not nearly enough caffeine, yet.

I can see that you really know how to get your Christmas ON! It's beautiful, Linda! Love the dough bowl!

xx,
Michelle

Erin said...

Love your little tree, and the centerpiece, both are beautiful!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I'm thinking things are looking fabulous at the Alabama gulf coast! Love it all!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
I love your dough bowl with the vintage oranaments. Very festive.

It's looking chrismasee around your home.

hugs
Sissie

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

The little tree is so adorable. I love the dough bowl. I too am leaving some of my star fish out. They are sort of like snowflakes for us southern girls :)

Gracie's Cottage said...

Looks great! (No more starfish can be left around here, unless they are up HIGH - thanks to one old dog that pulled one out of a bowl and ate it last week...)

Jan

~ Regan said...

Oh wow, I just love the dough bowl. Especially the siler ornaments! You did such a great job!

Please come by sometime to enter my giveaway! It ends on the 19th. ;)

michelle said...

Beautiful!! I love your tree with the birds and your lantern with the coastal touch is so perfect!!

Laurie said...

I really like your little birdie tree -- I'm resisting the temptation to have more than one tree, even though I must admit I recently put up a tiny tinsel tree but I'm in denial about it...

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

You proved that you don't have to spend a fortune for a great looking home.I love the birds.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Linda, I'm so glad you came to the party!! That dough bowl is just amazing! Love how you've added the starfish to the mix. Really lets us know your "coastal". Love it. And those "birdie" ornaments are really cute, love the tree,
xo,
Debra

Related Posts with Thumbnails