Monday, December 6, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.41/ It's Great To Be...

AN AUBURN TIGER...13-0...#1 and on our way to the BCS National Championship game!!!!! Late Thursday night we had two SEC Championship tickets offered to us and we didn't think twice about accepting them...not only did we now have tickets...we had awesome tickets...we would be sitting with all the players families/friends. We stopped what we were doing...booked a hotel room...packed our bags and off we went to Atlanta early Friday morning!!! When we arrived in Atlanta we decided to go check out the Fanfare Day...had a great time there listening to some of our former players talk about the upcoming game and their days at Auburn...it's always fun hearing what Stan White has to say...what a great guy! I was sooooo excited about the BIG game, that I thought it would be a good idea to take a sleeping pill to help me get a good night of sleep...all season long I have had a hard time sleeping the night before our big games and this one was even BIGGER!! The sleeping aid helped and I slept like a baby...I was then all ready to go cheer on my AUBURN TIGERS to victory. Our seats were great...we were next to the band and 11 rows up on the sideline/end zone. The game got started off with a bang...we scored...they scored...we scored and by the end of the first half...after Cam threw the hail mary pass for 51 yards to Darvin for a touchdown...the game was all ours. WE WON THE GAME 56-17!!!! Our team broke several SEC championship game records on Saturday...just let me say...this TEAM is by far the BEST  and they have earned the #1 spot as a TEAM!!!! Since we know several of our players and someone that is close friends with our head coach...what I'm about to say comes straight from within the team. The way AUBURN UNIVERSITY and our athletic department has been betrayed in the media this season is soooo NOT TRUE!!!! Auburn did not do anything WRONG in their recruiting of CAM NEWTON and had NO idea of what had happened at Mississippi State until the NCAA informed them about this matter. Cam had NO idea what his Dad had done and this week, the NCAA made their decision to let him play...like he has said several times...he has done nothing wrong...so please let's just move on. I could go into a lot more details about this situation, but I've decided to keep it short and sweet. We have a wonderful head coach with Gene Chizik...he is a honest man and treats his players as if they were his own...well they are part of his family, because at AUBURN we are not a nation...we are a FAMILY!!! I have know this to be true for 30 years now. The first time that I spent a weekend on campus and trying to decide where I wanted to go to college...I knew right away that this place was SPECIAL and felt like HOME and it still does. My oldest daughter Haley graduated in May 2009 and my youngest daughter Mary Claire is a junior this year (boy, she sure is having a very special year). With all this being said, I'm sure some of you might not be happy with me and I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way, but I just couldn't keep letting OUR AUBURN FAMILY being mistreated and not speak up for us. I LOVE AUBURN UNIVERSITY and the AUBURN FAMILY...looking forward to going out to Glendale and hoping that we bring that crystal football HOME!!!

I'm sorry that I don't have anything thrifty to share with you today at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS...due to the last minute trip we had...we didn't get home until late Sunday night and I still need to get my home all ready for my CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE on the 9th. I had planned on finishing my home on Friday, but that didn't happen...hope you understand and will join me at my OPEN HOUSE...I promise I will plenty of thrifty items and ideas to share with all of y'all.                       
                                                 Hope y'all will come back...real soon,
                                                                       Linda
                             Welcome to Atlanta...WE ARE ALL IN and always will be!!!
                                               All ready to watch our TIGERS play!


AUsome seats...the now famous Newton family are in this pic and if your
looking for Mr.Newton...you will not find him...he was not with the family.
Cam's grandmother was there...you know the lady behind the famous
Cami Cam juice...sounds like Cam is the only one that likes this stuff!
                  


             It was so much fun watching these two little boys during the game, because the one
             on the right with the #2 shirt on is watching his BIG BROTHER CAM play one heck
                                                              of a game!
                           Then when the game was over and all the celebration was taken place
                           big brother picked him up and let him join in on all of FUN on the field!


                         Cam couldn't believe that his teammates wanted to carry him onto to field...
                           you bet they did...this guy is the BEST college football player that this
                                      country has ever seen...just ask any coach out there!
                    Also I would like to say congrats Cam on your SEC Player of the Year Award.
                       What can I say? Coach Trooper Taylor is the highlight of this team...I have
                                         never seen anybody else with this much energy!

      Love this man and congrats Coach Chizik on your SEC COACH of the YEAR AWARD!!!
                          The players had so much FUN making snow angels...loved it!
                     This was right down in front of us...this was by far the BEST football game ever
                                                          for Mr.CC and I!!!


                                   Hometown Auburn Tiger...we sure know how to play some
                                         outstanding football here on the Alabama gulf coast.
                                          Congrats Nick on your SEC Player of the Year
                                                                    Award!

                   Toilet tissue was coming down on top of us from our fans in the upper deck...it
                                     was like having Toomer's Corner in the GA.Dome.

                             Just had to see the real thing...so we made a stop in Auburn on our
                                   way home. The men that were cleaning it up said that they
                              had been out there since 8:00am...this pic was taken at 4:00pm...
                           just think how it must have looked at 8:00am! I'm proud to say that
                           my daughter Mary Claire had a part in making this mess...but really it's
                                             not a mess to us...it's one beautiful site!
                   If your not aware of this tradition...this is Toomer's Corner and we roll it after
                                                            we WIN games!!!!
                                                 Two very happy AUBURN TIGERS!!!

My friend Rhonda at BLUE CREEK HOME will also be doing a post about our AUBURN TIGERS...go by and see what Rhonda has to say...the two of us LOVE OUR AUBURN FAMILY!!!!! I have posted two videos that I wanted to share...thanks for coming by and reading my post:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ160GBhE-A
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzPQWL1J8wg


***Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Please do not link to an Etsy shop or something similar (I will delete the link...believe me...I don't like doing this).

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.

34 comments:

Lindy said...

Great pictures of a great game! War Eagle!!!

Sue said...

Looks as if you had one heck of a time!!! How fun to still have that connection with your alma mater. Thanks for hosting again, Linda. ~ Sue

Donna said...

Linda,
I wondered if you were at the game. Looks like you had a wonderful time!
I can't wait for the party on the 9th!
Hugs,
Donna

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! Congrats on the big win! I was watching with my sis and BIL...also big AU fans! A great comeback, huh? Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Judy said...

What a great post on our fabulous Auburn family Linda! Your pics are so good (maybe cause you had such a great seat!). Ours were pretty high up but really there's not a bad seat in the dome and I could always watch the jumbo-trons. I was still wiped out today, didn't get much done but take mama around and out to eat lunch. I guess we'll pass on Glendale but we'll be cheering our boys here loud and proud.

And your comments on Cam Newton are wonderful. He is not only an outstanding player but a truly amazing person, he has a lot of integrity and I think everyone now knows what the Auburn family knew all along.

We'll be at the lake Sat. night watching Cam win the Heisman (hopefully).

War Eagle!
Judy

Unknown said...

Though I'm an LSU fan all the way I'll be cheering for you guys in the Championship. Go SEC beat Oregon!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, I know you had a great time! I think everyone in our family was watching this game.
My MIL is one of Auburns biggest fans.
xo,
Sherry

Christie said...

It looks like you had the BEST time! I miss those football days!!

Laurie said...

You look like you are all having so much fun! Good for you!

Blue Creek Home said...

Hey, I am proud of you. I added a p.s. to my original post and it felt good!

I can't believe ya'll were sooo close to the action and the families. I saw Mr. Goggans - He taught Caroline at Benjamin Russell H.S. (I think Drivers Ed) I think he is asst. principal now. ??
The video of Cam and the kids is so cute. I loved the rap at the end.

Arizona is going to be unbelievable!
War Eagle!
Rhonda

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic weekend!! I love football! Looking forward to the Nat. Championship! Should be a great game! Thanks for hosting!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Linda I am so happy for you and the wonderful Auburn team. I think that Cam and the Auburn team has handled all the controversy like the champions they are. I am waiting to hear if this fine young man wins the Heisman Trophy! How exciting for you to get such great seats at such a wonderful game. I saw the beginning on TV and as I was driving home from my daughter's listened to the rest. I drove through Atlanta as the game ended....I think I heard the cheers!

Anonymous said...

WOW -- What spectacular pictures! It looks like you were right out there playing on the field with them, and then to see the tp'd trees! They were quite a sight. Great post, and thanks for hosting a great party!

Anonymous said...

All I gotta say about this is......

GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!
GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Marla

Erin said...

Congrats on the win and the upcoming big game, looks like fun!!!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Great game. My sis-in-law is an Auburn graduate so this all we're hearing about at the moment. Congrats on the win!

michelle said...

What a game!!! It looks like you had an amazing time!! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on your big win...It looks like a lot of fun
Many Blessings
Rebecca

Lori said...

I was in Atlanta last weekend, but I was there on business! Wish I could have played... I saw a lot of UA fans...

Betty said...

What fun you had, and what great memories you made! Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting again this week.

Margitta said...

New follower... and I linked a post. Lovely party. Greetings from Norway!

Kat said...

War Eagle! It has been so AUsome being on campus this season! Can't wait to watch our Tigers win the BCS!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time.
Thanks for hosting again this week. I need to get busy, as I am behind in visiting around,

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!! So glad they won. I'm very excited for Auburn. It's been a very fun year!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Congrats on the big win! The TP pics crack me up, way back in high school it was sort of a big deal to get TP'd after a big win. My friends TP'd my house the night we moved away, LOL! Love the jubilance of your post!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pictures, you are gorgeous as usual!
XO
Kristin

Jane said...

How fun to get to go to the game! Looked like a great time. I'll be back for the party on the 9th!
Jane

deb said...

Congrats on the win!! You always look like you have the bestest time!!
*hugs*deb

Ordinary Hiker said...

Look at all that TP... Lol! My old high school had some kids do that after the football team finally won a game....they were so excited the TP'd the whole block!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I say, GO AUBURN!!! Looks like you had a really fun time and what great team spirit. I love it.

hugs
Sissie

Shellbelle said...

Okay, first let me say (and don't hate me for this, lol) I don't know anything about sports teams. BUT, I have to also say that your enthusiasm and the love for your team came shining through on this post, I even got excited for you! I'm glad those tickets came through for you and that you both had such a great time in my hometown. Go Tigers!

Meg said...

I'm not a sports fan, but I love saying this,

WAR EAGLE

Simple Daisy said...

Not much of a sports girl.....but it still looks like so much fun:):)

Becky said...

We are Duck fans here in Oregon and are just so thrilled to be going to the National Championship game. :)

Our boys here have had some issues this past year too...so sad that others seem to try to ruin it for them. Funny how the real story doesn't seem to ever make it to the media. Or maybe the media doesn't choose to report it?

Anyway, win or lose...it will sure be a fun game to watch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails