Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Garden Gate

I am always looking for charming old vintage garden gates, and when I spotted this one last week, I knew I had to have her. If you are thinking that she will get a price tag on her and show up at Coastal Charm Interiors, sorry y'all, she is all mine! I have three ideas on how I will use her in my home. She might show up on the wall behind my sofa in the family room, or maybe a headboard for my bed, but I really think she will end up as our footboard. Mr.CC has been trying to get a custom headboard made for our bed for months now, so maybe soon, he will find the extra time and get it done. I will be sure to keep you all updated on how the headboard is coming along.
                                                        Blessings,
                                                          Linda

                                       Love the patina on her.

                           Love this custom headboard...how about you?
                           You can find it located at Antiques at the Loop.

                                Here is her little baby and she can be yours.

                                  

                              You just don't find a six foot gate like this one
                              every day...so I am happy that I found her as
                                        soon as she arrived at the shop.
My weekly linky party...NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY is still going strong...you can click here to join in on all the fun!
Pin It

Let's connect...
Facebook...Pinterest...Instagram

Linking up here...
Vintage Inspiration
Be Inspired
Thrifty Life Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Flaunt It Friday
Grace At Home
MET Monday
Knick of Time Tuesday
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Swing Into Spring

17 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

I think it looks perfect as a footboard. I don't think I've ever seen one that large before and I LOVE it!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE that gate Linda...I've been on the hunt for one to hang in our master bath!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the gate! i would love it as a headboard!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'd love it as a headboard too...it's perfect! I've never seen one like it!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

That gate is just gorgeous! I've never seen one that size around here. A great find!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Okay . . . I stood and looked in awe at that very gate last weekend. It is even more interesting in person! I couldn't for the life of me figure out where to use it, so you win! I can't wait to see where you put it.

lms said...

love love love......but why did you leave the little one there......you should have it for hubby to build into your head board....or you could send it to me....

Judy Pimperl said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the gate! It's a great one.
judypimperl.blogspot.com

Okio B Designs said...

Love, love, love that look!

Jeanine

Bonnie said...

Look forward to seeing the finished project.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

A beauty indeed! I love it as a foot board. Looking forward to seeing it all prettied up in your home.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your right, that is a nice sized one! I can sooooo see it as a footboard!

Carol

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love your new gate, Linda! Great idea to display it as a footboard...such a perfect size!

Tamara said...

What a lovely gate..and so many other pretties!
Blessings,
Tamara

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Lucky you! Glad you scooped it up :)

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

What a great find, Linda. LOVE it as a footboard, but the possibilities are endless, right? Have fun!

Jeanette

Revi said...

I LOVE the idea of using her as a footboard - and the mismatched look of a headboard and footboard is new to me, but looks great! Thanks so much for sharing at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday!
-Revi

Related Posts with Thumbnails