Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shop Talk with Chipping with Charm

I wanted to do a regular series on my blog, something unique that hasn't been done before. I came up with an idea to feature small shops, that are located throughout the country. So, every Friday you can stop by and check out a new shop, and at the same time meet the owner. Some weeks, I will be sharing some wonderful vendors that set up at vintage style shows. I am hoping that this series will introduce you to some shops and shows, that you might not already know about, and better yet, they might be in driving distance for you, wouldn't that be nice? This week it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to Laurel from Chipping with Charm! I have enjoyed blogging with Laurel for several years and she is always inspiring me, with all her neat and unique ideas. After you finish shopping, you can click here to visit Laurel's blog.   

 
I am so very honored and excited that Linda invited me to share our booth here at Coastal Charm for Shop Talk this week!
First, I'll introduce myself...my name is Laurel and you can find me sharing my junk style ideas over on my blog Chipping with Charm.

 My friend Joan from Signs of the Times and I have been sharing a booth at Antiques Downtown in Elk River, Minnesota since October of 2012.
 
I make lots of junky...and somewhat quirky pieces for our booth.  Things like LEVEL CROSSES...

Trowel Photo Holders...
 


 

...RUSTY LITTLE SHOES...and more.
 
Joan is known for her AMAZING signs...
 


...and beautiful pillows.
 
 
We started out in this perfectly chippy little space...
 

 
But quickly "outgrew" it and moved on to the neighboring booth.
 
Here's a little peek at what we have going on for Spring this year...
 
 
 
 


  
 
 
 
 
 
 

As you can see we squeeze LOTS of stuff into our little space.  Layers of chippy, rusty, rustic, industrial, vintage...FUN :)

We also do some of the JUNKMARKET Style shows too...

They are held a couple of times a year at OTTEN BROS. GREEN HOUSE in Long Lake, MN.  
Here are a few pictures from some of our booths in the past...
 
  (This was a booth we shared with our friends from Country Junk.)








WINTER 2014  

Still here?  
Hope I didn't overwhelm you with all my photos :)
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit our little corner of the "Shop" world.  You can find all of our info and more at the following links...

Chipping with Charm BLOG 

Chipping with Charm FACEBOOK 
Signs of the Times FACEBOOK 
Antiques Downtown FACEBOOK 

Thanks again for having us on Shop Talk today, Linda!
We love your beautiful blog and store.  I wish we were closer so we could come to SHOP with you :)

Happy Hunting!

17 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Wow! Love all the creative ideas! Oh my goodness! I'll have to keep these in mind when I am junking around. Who would have thought of photo holders out of door hinges. Wow!

Judy Pimperl said...

I enjoyed visiting Chipping with Charm, Linda. I am in love with the little rusty "shoes" with fabulous buckles! She is also one of my favorite bloggers...Thanks!
judypimperl.blogspot.com

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Friday Linda!
Loved visiting with Laurel and seeing her creative displays!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Lots of fun and repurposed items, Laurel! So glad Linda featured your booth space today. I love seeing how you've displayed everything. It sounds like you have a successful booth and partnership going!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Such a fun idea for a series Linda!! Thanks again for including me :) Laurel

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thanks for taking us on this virtual shopping adventure. You always come up with the most amazing junk creations. Love Joan's signs and pillows.

Junkchiccottage said...

Great Choice LInda to have Laurel today. I have gotten some of Laurel's sweet and special pieces. She does the best work with repurposing vintage things into new and great pieces. They are so fun and quirky. Laurel is very creative and fun and I love that about her. Have a great week end.
Kris

thepaintedapron.com said...

wow, she has a ton of crazy fun stuff! Those hinge frames are cool!
Jenna

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Laurel is such a creative and talented lady! I've been lucky enough to have met her, and she is as sweet in person as she is on her blog!

Faded Charm said...

Great booth displays and I love her name...perfect!

Thanks for sharing all these talented ladies with us, Linda.

xoxo
Kathleen

Ivy and Elephants said...

WOW!!! So many fabulous goodies!
She creative and so very talented.
Patti

Artsy VaVa said...

I loved the tour of Laurel's booth. I wish it weren't so far away. I'd love to see it in person!

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

I really enjoyed the tour of Laurel's shop space! She is so talented and I'm always inspired by her creativity.
Great feature today, Linda!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Laurel has so many great ideas to repurpose and upcycle and her partner's pillows and signs are wonderful too. I enjoyed the tour.

BECKY said...

Beautiful space!! Would love to shop it!
Thanks for sharing!
Becky

Pamela said...

I love this series this series Linda! What a wonderful booth full of treasures.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Such a great booth Laurel...I love the fact that you make such gorgeous things adding a personal touch. The booth has such great appeal that anyone would certainly gravitate to it right away! Great feature Linda..

Related Posts with Thumbnails