Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Down On The Farm

Oh my goodness, the hot summer temps have arrived here in the deep south. Along with the warmer temps, it's fresh veggie time here too. So, off to the farm we go! Oak Hill Farms is located in Grand Bay, Alabama, and it's a U-Pick farm. If you have never experience a u-pick farm, then you might want to give it a try, it's a lot of fun y'all. All the hard work is done by someone other than yourself, but you still get the fun of pickin' it yourself. Oak Hill, has wonderful prices too. If you live nearby, give them a try, I think you will like what you find there. Mr.CC and I, went out there last week and got 24 llbs. of squash. We worked as a team and put them up in the freezer. Then, after we finished, we decided that we needed more, so back to farm for more. Tomorrow, you can find us back in kitchen, putting the second batch up. Next Spring, when we still have squash in the freezer, we will be happy that we went back for more. Thanks for stopping by folks, it's always nice to have you here at Coastal Charm.
                                                 Blessings,
                                                   Linda

                                      What a pretty site!!!!

                               At 10:30 a.m. it was already HOT!!!!

                                Come on y'all and U-Pick!

                       If pickin' is not for you, then you can still
                       get fresh veggies, you just pay more for them.


                                    Myself, I enjoy pickin' my own.



                                 Today, Mr.CC got us a few bell peppers.


                         Now that's a lot of tomatoes...don't ya think?

                            These should be ready to pick in about 10 days.


                                  Perfect for fried green tomatoes.

                                    They even have sunflowers.




                                  Back at home, we are all ready to
                                         get to work on them.


                             We also came home with some sweet corn
                                            and it was sooooo good.

                         Okay, now you know why we went out to the
                         farm. Our new backyard garden, is growing
                         really slow and we were concerned that we
                         might not get any squash out there. So, it's
                                       best to be safe than sorry.


                               Hopefully, by late July, we will have some
                                   pickin' to do in our own little garden.


                      PS- For updates between posts, join me over on Instagram!
                                                              
Pin It
 
Linking up here...
                                                        Inspire Me Tuesday
                                                        Be Inspired
                                                        Treasure Hunt Thursday
                                                        Show and Tell Friday
                                                        Feathered Nest Friday
                                                        Shabbilicious Friday
                                                        Amaze Me Monday
                                                        MET Monday
                                                        Knick of Time Tuesday
                                                        Inspire Me Tuesday
                                                        Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
                                                        History and Home Link Party
                                                        The Inspiration Exchange Party
             

13 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is the way to go. I'd gladly pick my own!

Anonymous said...

You make picking veggies look like fun! I am not personally fond of squash but I do love tomatoes, bell peppers and berries and those sunflowers look gorgeous! Enjoy your pickin's!

Gigi @ Old World Patina

Judy Pimperl said...

Beautiful veggie pics Linda!
judypimperl.blogspot.com

Vel Criste said...

I agree, There's nothing like picking your own vegetables Linda! Glad you had a 'productive' day! ;-)

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

My own squash is slow this year too, but I also planted it late. That farm you went to is HUGE! You are a hard worker-bee!

Rita C at Panoply said...

I love everything pictured, Linda! Those tomatoes make my mouth water - I LOVE tomatoes, warm, just picked. I could eat two or three big, fat ones in one sitting, easily.

I think it's funny that you went back for more squash - you watch, your little patch will probably have a bumper crop!

Leslie said...

Look at all of that gorgeous fresh produce! I love picking straight from the vine. : )

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I have to say I've never been to a U-Pick farm to pick veggies -- only fruit like apples, berries, etc. You're brave to do it in that heat but what a beautiful bounty and up here I have a summer saying: No matter HOW hot it is -- it's ALWAYS better than snow!

Cristina Garay said...

Nothing like fresh vegetables! thanks for remind me to go to the farm. All your pictures are beautiful!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Wow! This looks like a great place to buy produce. The veggies look fantastic. I think it's great that your husband helps you in the kitchen. Very nice. xxx~ Nancy

Anonymous said...

Such lovely pictures of all that colorful produce! I live really close to our state farmer's market and have never been. You've inspired me - maybe I'll actually get there this week. I'm so glad you joined in at the History & Home link party, hope you do so again. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Anonymous said...

Me again, to tell you I'm featuring this at tomorrow's link party. Your colorful photos were just so pretty!

Lou Lou Girls said...

I love this post! Pinned. Sending love your way! Lou Lou Girls

Related Posts with Thumbnails