Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Happy Anniversary Coastal Charm...Year One

Five years ago I started something kind of random. It was called a BLOG. Did you know what a blog was back in August 2009? I didn't. My daughter Mary Claire introduced me to blogs. She had been following a blog for a few months and one day, she shared it with me. This got me surfing the net for more blogs and after a month or so, I was hooked!!! So, one day out of the blue, I told my husband, hey honey, I think I might just try this blog thing. I had no idea what I was doing (sometimes I still don't), but on August 31, 2009, I hit the publish button and Coastal Charm was born! I am amazed that so many of you have been here with me since the very beginning. I never in a million years, would have ever thought that my blog would be where it is today. I still remember the first time a reader recognized me in public, it was such a big surprise to me. The best thing that I have gained from my blog is, all the friendships that have been formed. Nothing is better than that! Thank you so much to all of you who come back day after day. If it wasn't for y'all, there would be no blog. So, let's do some reflecting and celebrate, the past five years, here at COASTAL CHARM!!
                                                 Blessings,
                                                    Linda

                                Welcome to Coastal Charm in 2009!!
                              
                               
                                 Things have been moved around
                                 a few times...hard to believe, huh?

                            Oh my, I forgot I still have this vintage blouse.

                                    My primitive hutch back in 2009.

                     Here, I posted about our farmhouse table that
                                 Mr.CC built back in 1995.

                                 We both still look a little bit like this.

                                           A storage idea.

                                     My beach Christmas tree.

                                  Some outdoor Christmas décor.

                        I haven't made this Baked French Toast
                         recipe in years, I kinda forgot about it.

                                   A rare snowfall we had
                                    here on the Alabama
                                            gulf coast.

                                  Enjoying one of my favorite flowers.

                             Hey honey, maybe it's time we install this tile.
                             After all these years, we still have this DIY
                             project on our...to-do list. Maybe 2014 will be
                                                       the year!!!!

NOTE...check back in this week to see pics from years 2-5.

20 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is so much fun to look back! I think I've been following you for many of those 5 years!
hugs,
Linda

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Happy anniversary, Linda! I've enjoyed following along for almost two years :)

Jeanette

Junkchiccottage said...

Congrats LInda on your blog anniversary. Your blog is one of the first blogs I followed when I start a few years ago. The friendships are amazing and I think with no place to go in blogland with questions it is so great all of us have picked up on this blogging thing and made it happen. I still know nothing but just plug along. The friendships and finding other out there that get you and your decor crazy has been wonderful in blogland. So happy for you to be celebrating 5 years. Wow!
Kris

Stacey said...

Congratulations!! Always enjoy my visits here. ;)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Congratulations, Linda! I started blogging nearly 5 years ago, too, and have been happily following you ever since! Glad we are blog friends! So fun to take a look back!

Rita C at Panoply said...

Happy Blogiversary, Linda! Hard to believe it can be five years and some projects seem to keep hanging on our lists, isn't it? Or maybe we just didn't want to do them in the first place......
Rita

Calypso In The Country said...

So nice to look back! Happy Anniversary to your blog!
Cheers! - Shelley

Jasper's Cottage said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm glad you're having a wonderful time in blogland. I know I enjoy reading about all your wonderful treasures and I hope to rent out your condo one day!
xo jonni xo

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Great look back Linda! Congratulations on your 5 years of blogging. Yours is certainly one of my favorites!

Pam

Donna Wilkes said...

Happy Anniversary to the blog queen of the South. I have been reading your blog since way before I had one of my own. So fun to look back!

Debra@CommonGround said...

congrats Linda on your 5 year anniversary, I think I found you pretty soon after you started, I was a newbie too!

acorn hollow said...

Happy anniversary! I love your blog and here is to many more years
Cathy

DD's Cottage said...

Happy Blogversary! You created a good thing 5 years ago!

Christina said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary. I started a blog in 2008 as a place to post random stuff. In 2009, a friend invited me to share in a 'photo a day' challenge. That's the blog I post on more regularly. I enjoy visiting around blog land!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

It's always fun looking back!! CONGRATS on 5 years Linda...I always love to see what your up too!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Congratulations on your 5 year blogging anniversary. I think I've been following along ever since I started blogging about 4 years ago. I think it's time to make up a batch of the Baked French Toast, it looks delicious.

Vel Criste said...

Happy Blogiversary Linda!!!! So fun to look back on your posts! Glad you've stuck around to inspire us all! CHEERS!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Happy anniversary Linda!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

You know how I sat one weekend and read all of your post in reverse order until I read the very first one! I've always adored your style and way of communicating with your readers.

You were the most helpful person of all when I decided to start my blog and I'll never forget your patience and kindness.

Congratulations, and keep going!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
Congratulations on your 2nd Annniversary! Here's to many more...we'd miss you if not:-(
Your blog is always been a favorite. Hope you're enjoying the long Labor Day weekend!
Cheryl

Related Posts with Thumbnails