Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Biltmore




WOW...what a house!
Why in the world would anybody think they needed a house of this size? A few weeks ago, we took a mini vacation and headed up to Asheville. Since I had never visited the Biltmore, we decided to spend a day there viewing this place. I was very impressed with the house and grounds, but not impressed with their holiday decorations. At a stately house like the Biltmore, I was expecting grand and over the top decorating, that wasn't the case here. Most of the holiday décor looked old (like 80's old) and worn. I never saw a thing that I went...WOW...that's gorgeous! Maybe, I'm just a decorating snob...oh well. I did enjoy viewing the home and my favorite areas where the bedrooms and the basement. The home is located on a beautiful piece of property in  Asheville, so if you are ever in the area, I do recommend that you check out this one of a kind home. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a fun week.
                                                                Blessings,
                                                                   Linda

                                               Two seniors and a selfie...oh my!






 





 
 








                                                       On our way home from Asheville,
                                                       we drove the southern part of the
                                                        Blue Ridge Parkway, so here are
                                                        some of views that we took in.











Pin It
                       I'd love for you to stay connected with Coastal Charm!!!!
 photo sifacebook_zps613f8abb.png photo sipinterest_zpsb48cb7f3.png photo siinstagram_zpsd860b130.png photo sirss_zpsdcc3111c.png
 photo sibloglovin_zps9b4854fc.png photo siemail_zpsc310a359.png 
Linking up here...
                                                            Be Inspired
                                                            Share Your Style
                  Treasure Hunt Thursday
                                                           Think and Make Thursday
              Feathered Nest Friday
                                                           Vintage Charm
                                                           Show and Tell Friday
         Amaze Me Monday
                                                           MET Monday


















13 comments:

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Looks like a beautiful trip! Thanks for sharing.

mamasmercantile said...

You took us on a great tour, shame that you were so disappointed in the Christmas décor. Like you I would have expected a grand show of extravagance.

Ames said...

Been there many times. I love the Behind the Scenes tour and the bedrooms! Even though it was a gaudy show of wealth, I am still fascinated that they had indoor plumbing, refrigeration, and clothes dryers. And of course lots of money.

Vel Criste said...

All your photos are gorgeous! Thank you for taking us along Linda!

Laurene's Nest said...

I've never been so it was great seeing your photos. Christmas Opulence = Newport, RI.

Creations By Cindy said...

Beautiful photos! My youngest daughter and her husband just got back on Monday from a trip to Ashville. They to visited the Biltmore. The pictures she showed to me of the gardens was beautiful. I hope to go one day and visit. Did you think it was worth the charge to visit the Biltmore? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I was there at Christmas, and the decorations were fabulous. Very traditional and lavish. But, now that I think about it, it was in the late 1990's I was there. Maybe they haven't changed!
Glad you had fun anyway.
Leslie Anne

My Repurposed Life said...

beautiful fall pictures Linda!

I went to the Biltmore on a field trip when my daughter was in elementary school, they were actually filming Richie Rich at the time, so it was fun to see the grounds changed for that. The shrubbery was shaped in $$

wishing you a beautiful holiday season!

gail

Lori said...

This is on my list of places to visit. I always heard Christmas was amazing there, but probably that was from somoene that went in 1980! Good to know to go during on off season and not worry about decorations.

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Gorgeous! I've seen the fantastic Christmas décor there, what an amazing property. It must've been a sight to see in person!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

The Biltmore House is stunning! Love the selfie...sweet couple!!!

Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

I've always wanted to visit but never had the chance. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos at Vintage Charm. sb

Curtains in My Tree said...


I had girlfriends that made the trip to see Biltmore every year and I never went with them
I love that barn

thanks for sharing the pictures and the selfie

Related Posts with Thumbnails